2021 Personal Income Tax Organizer
It is time to start collecting all your 2021 personal income tax (T1) information and provide to us the complete package so we can do your tax return on a timely basis. As with last year there are also some important changes for how APBS is preparing tax returns this year so please read them carefully.
If you would like for us to prepare your personal income taxes for 2021, please use these instructions:
- Please download and complete our T1 checklist and T1 checklist appendix and T1 engagement letter for 2021.
- One checklist can be used for both individuals in a family as well as dependents. Adult children should complete a separate checklist
- Please fill out and sign an engagement letter for each person that we are preparing a personal income tax return for 2021
- The appendix is only to be used for atypical items like rental properties, small business reports, home office expenses, motor vehicle expenses, foreign income verification and principal residence changes. If you do not have any of these items, you can ignore the appendix.
- These forms are a fillable PDF so you can complete it directly on your computer, save and then send it back to us. Alternatively you can as before print it, fill it out and send it back or fax it to us.
- Once you have done it, wherever possible gather all your personal tax documents together to be sent to us. Amid COVID-19 email is preferred. Please send your information to us in as few emails or packages as possible.
- We also require summarized totals for medical receipts, donations and stock transactions. If you require tabulation, then additional fees will apply.
- If you would like to use Docusign to sign off the engagement letter, please let us know
Our T1 checklist and appendix can be downloaded from here:
- Personal Income Tax T1 2021 Checklist
- Personal Income Tax T1 2021 Checklist Appendix
- Personal Income Tax T1 Engagement Letter
If you have any questions or concerns about these instructions or about your tax return, please do not hesitate to contact us.