It’s that time again, time to start getting your taxes ready for 2022
It is time to start collecting all your 2022 personal income tax (T1) information so you can do your tax return on a timely basis.
If you would like us to prepare your taxes for 2022, please use our handy checklist to stay organized and compile your information.
- Personal Income Tax T1 2022 Checklist
- Personal Income Tax T1 2022 Checklist Appendix
- Personal Income Tax T1 2022 Engagement Letter
Here are some short instructions:
- Please download and complete our T1 personal income tax checklist, appendix and engagement letter for 2022.
- One checklist can be used for both individuals in a family as well as dependents. Adult children should complete a separate T1 checklist.
- Please fill out and sign an engagement letter for each person that we are preparing a personal income tax return for 2022.
- The appendix is only to be used for atypical items like rental properties, small business reports, home office expenses, motor vehicle expenses, foreign income verification and principal residence changes. If you do not have any of these items, you can ignore the appendix.
- These forms are fillable PDF so you can complete it directly on your computer. Save it and send it back to us. Alternatively you can print it, fill it out and send it back to us. If you would like to use DocuSign to sign off the engagement letter, please let us know.
- Once you have completed the checklist, whatever needed, gather all your personal tax documents together and send them to us. As we know, ever since the pandemic, the mail has been unreliable, so email is preferable. Please send your information to us with the least amount of emails or packages as possible.
- Please prepare summarized totals for the medical receipts, donations and stock transactions. For prescriptions, you can go to your pharmacy to get an annual report. If you require tabulation, then additional fees will apply.
We thank you for your cooperation and assistance in the preparation of your tax returns, it will go a long way to help us to complete them with as much accuracy as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns about these instructions or about your tax return, please do not hesitate to contact us.