APBS is hiring!
Before you look at one more job posting, take a minute to look at the rest of our website here.
Now ask yourself – “Is this the kind of workplace I want to be a part of? Do I want to join a client-centred company that will recognize my contributions, enable me to take full ownership of my work, and help me make a real, meaningful difference to my firm, community, and world?”
If the answer to those questions is “yes” then we want to hear from you.
We’re APBS, we have served small to medium sized businesses in the Toronto area for nearly 30 years. We’re looking for leaders to help transition to the next-generation and adapting to changing technology.
We are striving to create a really great team and culture, deep community involvement at our central Toronto location.
We want to have fun working together on our team. We can’t wait for you to join us.
Senior Staff Accountant
As our new Senior Staff Accountant, your primary goals are to provide full-range accounting support for our clients and to help develop our team of accounting and bookkeeping professionals.
Whether you’re doing yearend financial statements, corporate tax returns, tax planning, or providing support to our clients, you honour your word and bring a high level of care to all that you do. Like us, you set high standards for your work and you care about the details.
You are also curious, with a hunger to learn. You love accounting, asking questions and digging deep to unearth hidden issues. You’re dedicated to understanding the details and the big picture, and improving our people, processes and client services. A big piece of your success here will also depend on your love of technology, and ability to learn new software and systems quickly. We’re in a field that is going through massive change due to technology and will be looking to you to embrace the learning that comes along with that. You want to build up a company to grow with.
You enjoy working at a fast pace and with your organizational and time management skills, nothing slips by you. You prioritize your tasks with urgency and deadlines in mind and have impeccable follow-through. You love checking things off your to-do list and getting things done.
On a practical level, here are some things you’ll do:
- Complete financial statements and corporate tax returns
- Review financial statements and corporate tax returns
- Review the work of bookkeepers and junior accountants
- Research tax problems and situations for clients
- Manage and oversee timelines and deadlines for yearend clients
- Support clients with government audit requests and other requirements
- Take on ad hoc projects to improve accuracy and efficiency within the firm
- CPA or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a staff accounting role
- Exceptional Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, CaseWare, Intuit Profile or equivalent tax software skills
- Experience with cloud technologies would be an asset
How to Apply
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We will review applications as they are received. To be considered you must include a resume and cover letter that expresses who you are and why you’re a good fit with us. It must also include the words “We’re the total accounting package”.
We expect to start phone interviews around April 2019 to May 2019. We are looking to hire by July 2019.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- North York, ON (Preferred)
- CPA or equivalent (Preferred)
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to HR@apbs.ca